10/22/2014

I dislike an injection!

I took my children to the hospital to get a flu shot yesterday.

My 5-year-old son was able to put up with the injection, but my 4-year-old daughter was scared of the injection and she was terribly panic when she was about to get the  injection.

When my car reached the hospital, she started crying and said, "Oh, I don't want to get an injection, I hate it! Tell the doctor  "Don't give me an injection", mom!!"

She kept crying while we were waiting in the waiting room.

Because she was crying too much,  other patients were chuckling at her.

When the nurse called their names as it was their turn for the injection, she shouted "No! I don't want to go! I dislike injection! I hate pain! Oh no-------!!!!!"

I held her in my arm and with enough strength and still she was crying so loud.

She acted too violent while crying, I and 3 nurses had to press down on her so that she couldn't move.


In contrast to her, my son didn't cry at all and he was praised to the doctor.

After the injection was given, she cried for a while.

But she stopped crying soon and started  playing the tissue with an illustration of the animation character which the nurse gave her as a prize for working hard.

She didn't cry any more.

After we came back home, she asked me,

"Why can't I manage to be injected yet some children with the same age as me can?"

I told her,

"You can cry! I think it is normal to cry for an injection because it is obviously painful.

 If you are scared of an injection, you may cry.

You don't have to put up with it.

But you have to get an injection to build up a shield on your body against any diseases and infection before it gets worse.

I guarantee that you will be able to get an injection without crying in the future.

You don't need to worry about it."

She smiled to me cheerfully and said,

 "I will do my best to put up with the injection! Because I am already 4 years old!"





If you enjoy this article, please click these buttons and vote me!

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ にほんブログ村 英語ブログ やり直し英語へ

No comments:

Post a Comment