10/21/2014

Is it early to go to bed at 8:30pm?

I hope my children to wake themselves up at 7:15am on weekday.

I set the alarm at 7:10am, and it has a snooze function, so I  want them to wake up by 7:30am at the latest.

But recently they could not wake up on the time.

Especially my 4-year-old daughter, she was likely to fall asleep during breakfast.

It is because they don't have time for a nap at the nursery school  after the sports day.

(But strangely enough, they wake up before 7am on weekend.)

We go to bed at 9:00pm every day, but I suggested for them to go to bed at 8:30pm because they need to sleep more.

They understood it and I told them if they want to go to bed at 8:30pm, we need to take a bath at 7:30pm.

We usually take a bath by 8:10pm at the latest, so it meant that their free time would decrease more than 30 minutes than usual.


I said to them around 7:20pm, " Time to clean up!"

But nobody answers me and I have no choice but to start cleaning up.

They didn't show at all the behavior that they began to clean up.

I asked them, "Can you help me?"

My five-year-son answered, "Nobody will help you!"


I could not control my anger.

The advices that I have learned could not help me.

I clean up by myself immediately in silence and I go to the bath alone and calm myself.

I get sad and wonder how I make them punctual.



After a while,They follow me and come to the bath.

I express  my honest emotion  to them.

They apologize to me and we finally could go to bed at 8:30pm , but it was a very hard work for me.

I only want them to have more sleep, and they only want to play more.

I hope they will be able to wake up early today!


This photo below is a clock in the living room.

I put the seal indicating the "minutes" for my children, but they cannot tell the time yet, especially my daughter.




If you enjoy this article, please click these buttons and vote me!

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ にほんブログ村 英語ブログ やり直し英語へ


No comments:

Post a Comment