1/09/2015

This is the Japanese hospitality spirit!

When I was driving on my way home yesterday evening, I saw a man who was bowing very low to his customer's car which was coming out from the shop in front of the automobile dealer.

Since he was bowing for a long time, I was interested in how long he would keep bowing.

So I kept staring at him while I was driving.


Wow!  He was bowing more than 10 seconds!

It meant that he was bowing until he couldn't see his customer.

I was impressed with his hospitality spirit though maybe he was being trained by his company.

I guessed his customer would be able to go home with feeling good.


The way of Japanese bowing have three types.

First, it is so called "esyaku (bowing)", it is used when people pass someone at the hallway and so on.

 "Esyaku" is the act of lowering the torso and head at an angle of about 15°.

Second one is called "Keirei (salute)" which is the act of lowering the torso and head at an angle of about 30° .

It is used the situation like greeting someone, meeting someone for the first time, introduction of myself, entering the room and exiting from the room and so on.

It is a very common way of bowing especially in business situation.

Third one is called "Sai-keirei (the most polite salute)" which is the act of lowering the torso and head at an angle of about 45°.

It is used in more polite situations like greeting to the very important person, and apologizing to someone.

The man I saw did "Sai-keirei".

Since I am doing a job in customer service, so I would like to follow his example.


 
 
Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ
人気ブログランキングへ 



No comments:

Post a Comment