7/24/2015

The Midsummer Day of the Ox

Yesterday was the midsummer day of the ox.

We have a traditional custom to eat eel to get stamina to survive the summer heat on the day.

Recently, eels are very expensive because of the poor catch of the young eels.

But I want to eat some though it is expensive.

I bought it at the surpermarket.

My children didn't want to eat eel until last year, but thanks to school lunch, they can eat various foods and they told me that they wanted to eat it this year.

This is dinner for children last night.

*Grilled eel and rice
*Steamed clam and broccoli with sake



It was very yummy!

I felt that I got energy from it.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

No comments:

Post a Comment