9/27/2015

"Tsukimi" ~ Harvest moon ~

I went to work yesterday.

I was so busy that I completely forgot to be going to buy "Tsukimi dango (moon-viewing dumplings)" though it was a harvest moon day.


"Tsukimi" means moon viewing.

Especially we enjoy looking at beautiful full moon and eat "Tsukimi dango"on harvest moon day.



Since my 6-year-old son wanted to eat it, I asked my husband to go to the traditional Japanese sweet shop near my house to buy it.

They bought these↓.




After my husband and I finished dinner earlier than children, we went to the balcony to see the moon.

It was very quiet, but we could also listen to the song of a cricket.



We were filled with deep emotion for a while in the world of the beauty of the natural mysterious profundity.

But we were brought back to earth after our children came up to the upstairs... they were too noisy!



We sang the children's song called "Usagi (a rabbit)".

In Japan, it is common that the light and shade on the surface of the month looks like a rabbit.

My 6-year-old son said,

"I can't wait to eat Tsukimi dango!"

I told him,

"You are like "A dumpling is better than moon!", aren't you?"

I parodied a famous Japanese proverb "A dumpling is better than a flower".

We laughed together.

Tsukimi dango was very yummy!



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ



No comments:

Post a Comment