1/15/2016

Jealousy

My children and I took a bath together last night.

Since we took a bath separately to prevent catching the flu from my son during he had the flu, I felt happy because my son almost recovered the flu and we could take a comfortable bath together.

My 6-year-old daughter and I sang "Let it Go" together.

While we were singing, my 7-year-old son wrote some Kanji on the mirror which was fogged with the steam.

"Look mom! "

He said.

But since I was singing, I only glanced at it.

After that, my 5-year-old daugher also wrote some Kanji on the mirror and said:

"Mom, look at it!"

"Oh, you wrote Kanji! Good job!"

Suddenly, my son started speaking ill of his sister.

"What a terrible handwriting! This kanji is wrong!"

"Stop it. If you were said like that, you would surely get angry."

He got mad and started crying.

"I hate her! She is really annoying!  I don't want to see her any more! I will not talk with her forever!"

"Why on earth are you upset? Is it because I didn't look at your Kanji?"

"No! I wanted to learn how to write Kanji!"

"What are you saying? I have never taught your sister how to write Kanji!"

"Dad did!"

What he said didn't make sence.

Since he was about to hit her, I took my daughter to outside the bath.

My daughter didn't get angry with him.

"Why don't you get angry with him though he said what you hate?

  He told that he hates you and he didn't want to see your face! "

I asked her.

"Because I am kind! I like him. I don't get angry with him."

She smiled at me.

My son abused her in the bath while my daughter and I were talking.

"What a kind girl you are!


 Your son is under a big stress now, so you don't need to listen to what he is saying.

 You know, he is usually a kind brother to you!

 Can you go to the living room ahead?

 You should stay away from him now."

"OK!"

She went to the living room.

After a while, my son came out of the bath while being angry.

"I understand your feeling. Maybe you envy your sister, don't you?"

"I NEVER envy her!"

He got mad.

"I envy her!

 She is easy-going, carefree, and doesn't get angry very often.
 
 I want to be calm like her, but I can't because it is my character.

 If I were your sister, I would surely get angry with you.
 
 I mean, your character is really similar to mine.

 I am sorry, the reason why you are in bad mood easily when you are not feeling well is because your character is really similar to mine!

 If I were you, I would be in bad mood like you because I would want to be like her but I couldn't.

 That's why she makes you irritated."

I hugged him and said:

"I love you even if you get mad.

 You are my dearest son even if you are annoyed.

 But don't hit her anymore, she has no offense.
 
 She also likes you."

He nodded and went to the living room.

After a while, I could hear that they were playing togeter happily from the living room.



I have given priority to my son so far.

Because he is an elder brother.

But the difference in their ages is only a year and five months.

He has been feeling a pressure from her since he was a little boy.

That's why he never wants to lose her.

I need to give him a pride as an elder brother so that he will not become servile and he will be able to be kind to his sister.

Furthermore, I believe that it is a parent's duty to give a confidence and fulfillment which they are really loved to our children.

Because it is a biggist gift that I recieved from my parents.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Interesting post, your daughter is becoming expert at avoiding conflict.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found in the post:

    Part 1 of post:

    This line:
    Since we took a bath separately to prevent catching the flu from my son during he had the flu, I felt happy because my son almost recovered the flu and we could take a comfortable bath together.

    Should be:
    Since we took a bath separately to prevent catching the flu from my son whilst he had it, I felt happy because my son has almost recovered from the flu and we could take a comfortable bath together.

    This line:
    My 6-year-old daughter and I sang "Let it Go" together.

    Should be:
    My 5-year-old daughter and I sang "Let it Go" together.

    Reason: I am assuming your daughter is still 5 and not 6.

    This line:
    After that, my 5-year-old daugher also wrote some Kanji on the mirror and said:

    Should be:
    After that, my 5-year-old daughter also wrote some Kanji on the mirror and said:

    This line:
    "What a terrible handwriting! This kanji is wrong!"

    Should be:
    "What terrible handwriting! This kanji is wrong!"

    This line:
    "Stop it. If you were said like that, you would surely get angry."

    Should be:
    "Stop it. If you were spoken to like that, you would surely get angry."

    This line:
    What he said didn't make sence.

    Should be:
    What he said didn't make sense.

    This line:
    Since he was about to hit her, I took my daughter to outside the bath.

    Should be:
    Since he was about to hit her, I took my daughter out of the bath.

    This line:
    "Why don't you get angry with him though he said what you hate?

    Should be:
    "Why don't you get angry with him though because of what he said?

    This line:
    He told that he hates you and he didn't want to see your face! "

    Should be:
    He said that he hates you and he didn't want to see your face! "

    This line:
    My son abused her in the bath while my daughter and I were talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part 2 of post:

    Should be:
    My son verbally abused her in the bath while my daughter and I were talking.

    Or:
    My son said mean things about her in the bath while my daughter and I were talking.

    Reason: abused can have very serious meanings in English and so it is better to be very specific about exactly what type of abuse is happening, or to reword the sentence to avoid the word entirely.

    This line:
    Your son is under a big stress now, so you don't need to listen to what he is saying.

    Should be:
    Your brother is under stress now, so you don't need to listen to what he is saying.

    Reason: Am assuming that you are talking to your daughter about her brother.

    This line:
    After a while, my son came out of the bath while being angry.

    Should be:
    After a while, my son came out of the bath and was still angry.

    This line:
    "I understand your feeling. Maybe you envy your sister, don't you?"

    Should be:
    "I understand your feelings. Maybe you envy your sister, don't you?"

    This line:
    I am sorry, the reason why you are in bad mood easily when you are not feeling well is because your character is really similar to mine!

    Should be:
    I am sorry, the reason why you get in a bad mood so easily when you are not feeling well is because your character is really similar to mine!

    This line:
    That's why she makes you irritated."

    Should be:
    That's why she irritates you."

    This line:
    But don't hit her anymore, she has no offense.

    Should be:
    But don't hit her anymore, she has means no offense.

    This line:
    After a while, I could hear that they were playing togeter happily from the living room.

    Should be:
    After a while, I could hear that they were playing together happily from the living room.

    This line:
    He has been feeling a pressure from her since he was a little boy.

    Should be:
    He has been feeling pressure from her since he was a little boy.

    This line:
    I need to give him a pride as an elder brother so that he will not become servile and he will be able to be kind to his sister.

    Should be:
    I need to help increase his confidence in himself as an elder brother so that he will not become servile and he will be able to be kind to his sister.

    This line:
    Furthermore, I believe that it is a parent's duty to give a confidence and fulfillment which they are really loved to our children.

    Should be:
    Furthermore, I believe that it is a parent's duty to show confidence in and fulfillment of our children to show they are loved.

    This line:
    Because it is a biggist gift that I recieved from my parents.

    Should be:
    Because it is a biggest gift that I received from my parents.

    ReplyDelete