2/01/2016

Ocharaka hoi!

When my children and I took a bath together last night, my 7-year-old son told me:

"Let's play Ocharaka hoi!"

"What's that?"

My 5-year-old daughter didn't know it.

"It is an Japanese traditional song which is sung while playing rock, paper, scissors. As a child, I used to play it with my sister. We will play it now."

My son and I showed her how to play it.

We sang the song and did rock-paper-scissors.

If you win, you raise your arms.

If you draw, put your hands to your waist.

If you lose, you pretend to cry.

"Wow! This is fun!"

They were so excited and they continued playing it for a while.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Another fun post. I never played rock paper scissors as a child, I didn't know it had a song that went with it.

    Also the youtube video that is embedded in the post will not play on your blog but only on the youtube website. You need to set the video to play on external sites if you want it to work on your blog site.

    Here a list of some of the issues found in the article:

    This line:
    "It is an Japanese traditional action song of rock, paper, scissors. As a child, I used to play with my sister. We will play it from now."

    Should be:
    "It is an Japanese traditional song which is sung while playing rock, paper, scissors. As a child, I used to play it with my sister. We will play it now."

    This line:
    My son and I showed how to play it.

    Should be:
    My son and I showed her how to play it.

    This line:
    We sang a song and did rock-paper-scissors.

    Should be:
    We sang the song and did rock-paper-scissors.

    This line:
    If you are even, put your hands to your waist.

    Should be:
    If you draw, put your hands to your waist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry.
      I couldn't find how to say "draw" : If you draw, put your hands to your waist.

      We often do rock, paper, scissors (じゃんけん)but I am surprised that you never did it.
      Did you use coin?

      I changed my youtube settings.
      I hope my vidoe will work in my blog (Acutually it worked in my laptop, but it might depend on the web browsers.)

      Delete
  2. HI Kumi-san,

    Yes draw is an odd word as it can be used in a number of different ways and situations. If it causes problems then please let me know.

    With regard to Rock Paper Scissors, I have never seen a coin used with that game.

    Your video now works correctly in your blog. It would be likely to always work on your machine because you are likely to be logged into your youtube account and so the video would work no matter the settings you have (as far as I know).

    ReplyDelete