3/23/2016

Small pharmacy at home

The sales representative of the pharmaceutical company came to our house yesterday evening.

They left their medicines at my house, and if we use them, we need to pay for them.

If we don't use them, we don't have to pay for them.

We say the system is "Haichiyaku (配置薬)".

Another salesperson of the company came to our house 3 years ago to ask me if they could leave their medicine box at my house, and I accepted his offer.

After that, the sale representative of us changed to him.

There are various kinds of OTC medicines in the box, for example, cold medicine, gastrointestinal drugs, cough medicine, painkillers, anti-itching drugs, eye-drops, poultices, and so on.

It was very helpful when my children had colds.

The sales representative told me:

"I will be your representative this year again."

"Really? Good for you! He will come to our house this year again!"

I told my 5-year-old Daughter.

My children like him very much because he is always kind to them and he gave them a small toy several times before.

"Wow! Hooray!"

She was glad to hear that.

He continued:

"It has been two years since I was in charge of this area. It was just after I entered our company."

I said:

"You are still young. I envy you! You can do anything you want to do from now on."

"I need to study more and more."

I like his modest attitude.

I paid him for the medicine which I used and we said goodbye to him.




Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

4 comments:

  1. はじめまして。tadashiと申します。英語で記事を書いてらっしゃるとのことで拝見させていただきました。
    私は最近、英語で伝えてみたいという気持ちが芽生え始めた程度で、英語は全くできません、その上ブログ自体も始めたばかりです。
    文の内容は、Google翻訳しないと読むことが出来ません。
    いくつかページをめくるうちに、頑張ってブログを積み重ねている様に、少し心動かされコメントしようと思いました。陰ながらですが応援しまっす。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tadashiさん、初めまして。
      嬉しいコメントありがとうございます!
      ブログ拝見しました。
      ドット絵はご自分で作られるのでしょうか?すごいですね!
      「継続は力なり」を信じて、細々と続けていきたいと思っています。
      私も陰ながら応援しています。
      お互い頑張りましょう!

      Delete
  2. Hello Kumi-san,

    We don't get drug selections delivered to our homes here. We can get individual prescription drugs delivered that are our doctor give us a notice for, but collections of drugs are not something we can do. Sounds like a very useful service. I am not sure why we don't do this but my guess would be the companies would be worry about legal liabilities if certain drug combinations caused injury to a person taking them.

    Here are a list of some of the issues found in the rest of the post:

    This line:
    They left their medicine at my house, and if we use them, we need to pay for them.

    Should be:
    They left their medicines at my house, and if we use them, we need to pay for them.

    This line:
    The another salesperson of the company came to our house 3 years ago to ask me to leave their medicine box at my house, and I accepted his offer.

    Should be:
    Another salesperson of the company came to our house 3 years ago to ask me if they (could/should) leave their medicine box at my house, and I accepted his offer.

    This line:
    After that, the sale representative of us changed from the predecessor to him.

    Should be:
    After that, the sales representative for us changed to him.

    This line:
    There are various kinds of OTC medicine in the box, for example, cold medicine, gastrointestinal drugs, cough medicine, painkiller, antipruritic drug, eye-drops, fomentation, and so on.

    Should be:
    There are various kinds of OTC medicines in the box, for example, cold medicine, gastrointestinal drugs, cough medicine, painkillers, antipruritic (anti-itching) drugs, eye-drops, fomentation (heat pads/poultices), and so on.

    Note: I added (heat pads/poultices) as fomentation is a word that is not often used outside of the medical field. The same for antipruritic (I had to look up the meaning for that word :) ).

    This line:
    It was very helpful when my children had a cold.

    Should be:
    It was very helpful when my children had colds.

    This line:
    "I will be in charge of you this year again."

    Should be:
    "I will be your representative this year again."

    This line:
    "You are still young. I envy you! You can do anything you want to do from now."

    Should be:
    "You are still young. I envy you! You can do anything you want to do from now on."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Thank you for your corrections.
      Such kinds of OTC medicines are not so intensive, so I don't worry about a injury caused by taking them(^^).
      Of course we take them for primary care.
      If our symptoms are terrible like my children had the flu, we have to see a doctor and recieve a prescripition.
      Thank you so much!

      Delete