3/05/2016

The ending of congratulation on their recovery from the flu

Our family went to Sushiro (sushi-go-round restaurant) for lunch yesterday to celebrate that my 5-year-old daughter and my husband recovered from the flu.

After we finished lunch, I told my husband:

"Would you like to have a coffee? If so, why don't we go to Komeda?"

Komeda is one of the famous coffee shops around here.

I thought it was too luxurious to eat out twice a day, but I wanted to visit there because I was really tired from taking care of them and making meals three times a day during they had the flu, so I thought this luxury was acceptable on rare occasions.

I ordered coffee and Siro Noir(シロノワール).

Siro Noir is one of the most popular menus in Komeda, it is a danish bread with soft cream and syrup.

Whenever I go to Komeda, I always order the Siro Noir.

I shared it with my daughter.


My children enjoyed reading children's books and my husband and I enjoyed reading some magazines prepared in the shop while having a nice coffee.

After that, we went shopping at the supermarket, then we stopped by the park near the supermarket.

My children have visited there on a field trip with the nursery school, but I visited there for the first time though it was not so far from our house,

Since there were a lot of benches and trees in the park, it was really comfortable to look at my children.

My daughter and I enjoyed riding the swings, and my 7-year-old son and my husband climbed up the big tree.

Since the trunk of the tree were so thick, it was easy for my son to climb it.


While I was riding the swing, my stomach started aching.

We stayed at the park about 1 hour, but I said:

"Let's go home. I have a stomach ache."

My children said:

"Oh no! I want to stay here more!"

But I ignored them and started walking to my car.


After we came home, Since I was so sleepy and had a stomach ache, I went to bed.

While my husband took our children to practice riding bicycles, I took a nap for a while.

I recovered from my stomach ache after dinner.

I thought maybe I ate too much at a lunch time.


My son finished drawing his ideal town which I wrote about in yesterday's post.


I was not able to give him some advice about his drawing, so I suggested him yesterday morning:

"Why don't you draw the airport? How about add the sea and a supermarket? Are there any hospitals?"

"OK! I will add them!"

He completed his ideal town.

I told him:

"Wow! If there were a town like this, I would like to live there!"

He looked happy to hear that.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    That シロノワール looks very nice. I hope you enjoyed it and the experience was not ruined by getting an upset stomach. Maybe シロノワール and swings are not something that should be mixed close together in time. Also a very glad to hear that the flu is no longer causing you and your family any problems.

    The Komeda Coffee Shop that you mentioned seems like a nice establishment. I did a Google search on it and the range of things that they have to eat is very impressive, lots of things I would like to eat.

    Here are a list of some of the issues found with the post:

    This line:
    I thought it was too luxurious to eat out twice a day, but I wanted to visit there because I was really tired to take care of them and make meals three times a day during they had the flu, so I thought this luxury was acceptable on rare occasions.

    should be:
    I thought it was too luxurious to eat out twice a day, but I wanted to visit there because I was really tired from taking care of them and making meals three times a day while they had the flu, so I thought this luxury was acceptable on rare occasions.

    This line:
    I ordered coffee and Sironoir(シロノワール).

    Should possibly be:
    I ordered coffee and Siro Noir (シロノワール).

    Reason: Siro is White and Noir is Black and English Siro Noir would possibly be better written as two words the same as other words with Noir in them such as Film Noir. This is only a problem for the Sironoir when translated to its English equivalent and not the シロノワール as I know Japanese never has spaces. But once English is being used spaces may start to be needed for the English words that don't have them in Japanese. I am not certain about this so if you know for sure that I am wrong then please ignore. I did some research and I found this web page which seems to separate the words in English:

    http://www.immadeofsugar.com/2013/02/komeda-coffee-shiro-noir.html

    I will not correct the rest of the Sironoir usages and leave that to your judgment.

    This line:
    My children enjoyed reading childrens books and my husband and I enjoyed reading some magagines prepared in the shop having a nice coffee.

    Should be:
    My children enjoyed reading children's books and my husband and I enjoyed reading some magazines prepared in the shop (while/whilst) having a nice coffee.

    This line:
    My children have visited there for the field trip of the nursery school, but I visited there for the first time though it was not so far from our house,

    Should be:
    My children have visited there on a field trip with the nursery school, but I visited there for the first time though it was not so far from our house.

    This line:
    My daughter and I enjoyed riding a swing, and my 7-year-old son and my husband climbed up the big tree.

    Should be:
    My daughter and I enjoyed (riding the swings/the swings), and my 7-year-old son and my husband climbed up the big tree.

    This line:
    Since the trunks of the tree were so thick, it was easy for my son to climb it.

    Should be:
    Since the trunk of the tree was so thick, it was easy for my son to climb it.

    This line:
    While I was riding a swing, my stomach started aching.

    Should be:
    While I was riding the swing, my stomach started aching.

    We stayed at the park about 1 hour, but I said:

    This line:
    I recovered the stomach ache after dinner.

    Should be:
    I recovered from my stomach ache after dinner.

    This line:
    My son finished drawing his ideal town which I wrote about it in my yesterday's post.

    Should be:
    My son finished drawing his ideal town which I wrote about in yesterday's post.

    This line:
    I was not able to give him some advices about his drawing, so I suggested him about it yesterday morning:

    Should be:
    I was not able to give him any advice about his drawing, so I suggested to him yesterday morning:

    This line:
    "Why don't you draw the airport? How about add the sea and a supermarket? Is there any hospitals?"

    Should be:
    "Why don't you draw the airport? How about add the sea and a supermarket? Are there any hospitals?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Thank you for correcting my blog again!
      I also searched how to spell Shiro Noir, but I was not able to find it in Komeda's website.
      I think it is better to correct it "Shiro Noir" if you could understand it easier, so I corrected them.
      Thank you so much!

      Delete