4/21/2016

A new tent like a small house

My husband and I decided to purchase a tent because we thought we should have a tent for one of the disaster measures.

I had wanted a tent because it would be useful when we go to a large park in spring and summer.

When we watched the news of Kumamoto earthquake on TV, there were a lot of people evacuating to the school ground.

If I were there, I would be scared and would not want to be in buildings because too many earthquakes occur.

We thought that a tent might be helpful in such a situation.

Since I worked, my husband and children went to purchase a tent last Sunday.

They looked around some shops and bought a little tent.


My husband assembled the tent in the Japanese room.

It was very easy, even I could assemble it.

My children were so excited to see it.

"Wow! It is our small house!"

They brought their manga and toys into the tent.

Four of us could lay down in the tent.

My 5-year-old daughter said:

"I want to sleep in the tent today!"

"Noway! Why do we have to sleep in the tent even though we are home?"

We laughed.

Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Glad to see you are adding to your range of emergency supplies. A tent is always very useful to have even when you don't live in a place prone to large earthquakes. It is very handy that the tent is easy to assemble. I have only put up a tent a few times and they were not easy to do. It is good how modern tents are much easier to erect.

    Now you will just have to wait for a nice day and try out your tent in the park, it's a good excuse for a picnic :). Hopefully you will never actually have to use it in emergency situations. Better safe than sorry however.

    Here are a list of issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    If I were there, I would be scared and would not wanted to be in buildings because too many earthquakes occur.

    Should be:
    If I were there, I would be scared and would not want to be in buildings because too many earthquakes occur.

    Or:
    If I were there, I would be scared and would not have wanted to be in buildings because too many earthquakes occur.

    This line:
    We laughted.

    Should be:
    We laughed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Making sentences of subjunctive past is really difficult for me.
      Thank you for the corrections!

      Delete