6/18/2016

Choosing a new Randoseru

My 6-year-old daughter will enter the elementary school next April.

Since we need to prepare her new Randoseru (school bag),  we went to the bag shop to go over her Randoseru.

Do you think it is too early to buy her Randoseru?

It is not too early, because popular Randoserus will be sold out in July.

When I was a child, the colors of Randoseru were black for boys and red for girls.

But now, children can choose various colors.

They can also choose the colors of sewing threads and the colors on the leather of inside the Randoseru.

I already decided that we will buy her Randoseru at the bag shop where we bought my 7-year-old son's Rnadoseru because I am satisfied with the quality of his.


When we got to the shop, it was very crowded with a lot of families who were trying Randoserus.

My 6-year-old daughter tried carrying various kinds of Randoseru.

First, she told me that she wanted a pink Randoseru.

But in the shop, she almost tried the red Randoserus.

"Do you like a red one? Didn't you like a pink one?"

I asked her and she answered:

"Yes! I like red! They are really nice!"

I was relieved to hear that because I hoped that she would choose a red Randoseru secretly because girl's Randoseru were always definitely red when I was young, so other colors' Randoseru were not acceptable for me.

She finally decided her Randoseru.

Its color was red, and it was the same type as my son's black Randoseru.

I told her:

"Good for you! You were able to find your favorite one!"

My husband was impressed by the large number of families in the shop.

When we went to the bag shop to buy my son's Randoseru, he didn't go with us because he went to work.

I told him:

"This is a good experience for parents to help their children choose a new Randoseru with our children. It is already like one of our family's events. Seeing is believing. I hope our daughter will remember the day when she chose her Randoseru with us."

I will order her Randoseru on their website in July and we will receive it next February.




Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


   

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    I have seen many of the Randoseru on a lot of the Japanese websites I study and almost everyone (including myself) is very envious of Japanese children with regard to Randoseru. They really are an amazingly cool looking bag. And very well made and practical at the same time also. If I had been in your daughters position I would also have chosen the red Randoseru or maybe a purple one if they exist.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found in the rest of the post:

    This line:
    Going over a new Randoseru

    Should be:
    (Deciding on a/Choosing a/Ordering a) new Randoseru

    Reason: It is slightly clearer in meaning than going over.

    This line:
    Since we need to prepare her new Randoseru (school bag), so we went to the bag shop to go over her Randoseru.

    Should be:
    Since we need to prepare her new Randoseru (school bag), we went to the bag shop to go over the specifications of her Randoseru.

    Reason: Made the sentence a little more specific. And removed filler word "so" as it is not needed in this sentence as you start your sentence with the word Since which implies the reason for the other half of the sentence. If you had instead said:

    We needed to prepare her new Randoseru (school bag), so we went to the bag shop to go over the specifications of her Randoseru.

    Then "so" would have been needed. Unfortunately this is one of those cases where there is no real reason as to why this is the case (at least that I know of).

    Note: In any event the issues is small and not worth worrying over.

    This line:
    Do you think it is too early to buy her Randoseru?

    Question: Are you asking the shop keeper this question? If so it may make the sentence slightly clearer if you rewrite it to include that piece of information.

    Example:
    Do you think it is too early to buy her Randoseru? I asked the (shop keeper/assistant/store clerk).

    This line:
    They can also choose the colors of sewing threads and the colors of the leather of inside Randoseru.

    Should be:
    They can also choose the colors of sewing threads and the colors of the leather on the inside of the Randoseru.

    Reason: Added extra filler words.

    This line:
    But in the shop, she almost tried red Randoserus.

    Should be:
    But in the shop, she almost tried the red Randoserus.

    Reason: Added extra filler word.

    This line:
    I was relieved to hear that because I hoped that she would choose a red Randoseru secretly because girl's Randoseru was definitely red when I was young, so other colors' Randoseru were not acceptable for me.

    Should be:
    I was relieved to hear that because I hoped that she would choose a red Randoseru secretly because girl's Randoseru (were/were always) definitely red when I was young, so other colors of Randoseru were not acceptable for me.

    This line:
    Its color was red, and it was completely same type with my son's black Randoseru.

    Should be:
    Its color was red, and it was the same type as my son's black Randoseru.

    This line:
    My husband was impressed that there were too many families in the shop.

    Should be:
    My husband was impressed by the large number of families in the shop.

    This line:
    "This is a good experience for parents to go over a new Randoseru with our children. It is already like one of family's events. Seeing is believing. I hope our daughter will remember the day when she chose her Randoseru with us."

    Should be:
    "This is a good experience for parents to help their children choose a new Randoseru. It is already like one of our family's events. Seeing is believing. I hope our daughter will remember the day when she chose her Randoseru with us."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your help, Terry.
      It is difficult to write about such an unique events only in Japan...

      Delete