6/14/2016

Study in the morning

My 7-year-old son's elementary school teacher called my office again yesterday afternoon to ask me to pick him up because he had a fever again.

I suspected whether he really had a fever.

When I got to his class, he was talking with his classmate with a smile.

The teacher said:

"He feels sick and he has a fever of 37.6 degrees."

I thought the fever of 37.6 degrees was not so serious for children.

As for my son, when he has a cold, his temperature usually goes up more than 38 degrees.

As I expected, his fever fell down to 37.3 degrees.

Just to be on the safe side, I took him to see a doctor.

But the doctor said:

"There is nothing wrong with him. He doesn't have to take any medicines."

I thought that he was glad that I came to school to pick him up 2 days ago, and he learned I would come to school to pick him up if he tells his teacher that he feels sick and has a fever.

Actually, he was running around at the ground of the nursery school when we went there to pick my 6-year-old daughter up.

I told him:

"It was not a real sickness. If you had a cold and fever truly, you could not smile with your classmates, you would look worn out! You might want to come home earlier than other students. If you do it again, I will not be able to believe what you say. The Sickness is quite different from the feeling which you don't want to do something. Never, never do it again! "


We went to bed before 8:30pm.

Maybe my son was tired.

Recently, the rainy season has begun around here.

The climate changes very often, sometimes it is very hot and sunny, and sometimes it is rainy and humid.

My son's teacher said that five children had a fever at school and went home early yesterday.

As for me, I feel tired recently due to the climate, so I thought I should sleep enough.


I woke up at 5am, one hour longer than usual this morning.

My 6-year-old daughter woke up at 6am, and my son woke up at 6:30am.

She started writing letters to her friends, and he wanted to play with my iPad.

I allowed him to use it, he started playing an application.

It was an educational app which children can study math.

There are some categories of the questions of calculation in the app.

Each category has 10 questions.

If players can answer the questions correctly, they can get the character of the app.

He likes it very much and he wants to get the characters more.

Now he is struggling with the questions of the volume of liquid because he has not learned it at school yet.

He often asks how to solve such kind of questions to me.

He asked me again this morning:

"Mom, I don't understand what it means."



"Well, you need to write down the calculation on the paper, so that you can understand it better."

I prepared a piece of paper.

"Do you remember what milliliter equals to 1dL?"

I asked him:

"Well, 100mL?"

"That's right."

Actually, I completely forgot about "dL", so I searched it on the internet.

I explained how to solve the question.

"I got it!"

He answered the question and it was correct.

He was glad to be able to solve it.

I can manage to answer his question now.

But from now on, his question will be more difficult, so I will not be able to answer his questions.

Parents also need to study with your children, not only force them to study, so that I believe study will become more interesting for children.


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    I was never very good at mathematics as a child and I am still not very good now. It is impressive that your son is at least attempting to improve his maths without the school asking his to do so. I was impressed that at his age he knew what the conversion rate was for millilitres versus decilitres. I do not think I would have known that at his age.

    I tend to agree that it is good for parents to try to keep up with their children's math studies as the added element of competition can make it fun. Also having a good grasp of mathematics is a good idea at any age.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found in the rest of the post:

    Part 1:

    This line:
    I suspected whether he really had a fever.

    Should be:
    I was suspicious as to whether he really had a fever.

    Or:
    I doubted whether he really had a fever.

    This line:
    I thought the fever of 37.6 degrees was not so serious for children.

    Should be:
    I thought that a fever of 37.6 degrees was not so serious for children.

    This line:
    As for my son, when he has a cold, his temperature usually goes up more than 38 degrees.

    Reason: Although it is clear what you mean saying your sons temperature goes up by more than 38 degrees would mean his temperature went up an extra 38 degrees from its current temperature.

    It would be more specific to say:
    As for my song, when he has a cold, his temperature usually goes above 38 degrees.

    This line:
    Actually, he was running around at the ground of the nursery school when we went there to pick my 6-year-old daughter up.

    Should be:
    Actually, he was running around in the grounds of the nursery school when we went there to pick my 6-year-old daughter up.

    This line:
    "It was not a real sickness. If you had a cold and fever truly, you could not smile with your classmates, you would look worn out! You might want to come home earlier than other students. If you do it again, I will not be able to believe what you say. The Sickness is quite different from the feeling which you don't want to do something. Never, never do it again! "

    Should be:
    "It was not a real sickness. If you had a cold and fever truly, you could not smile with your classmates, you would look worn out! You might want to come home earlier than other students. If you do it again, I will not be able to believe what you say. Sickness is quite different from the feeling where you don't want to do something. Never, never do it again! "

    This line:
    As for me, I feel tired recently due to the climate, so I thought I should sleep enough.

    Reason: It's unclear to me if you mean that because the climate is making your tired therefore you will sleep more. Or if you mean the climate is warm and making your tired and you should try to get more sleep to avoid the tiredness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part 2:

    This line:
    I woke up at 5am, one hour longer than usual this morning.

    Reason: If you mean you mean that you woke up at 5am when you would normally wake up at 6am the sentence would be:
    I woke up at 5am, one hour earlier than usual this morning.

    If you mean that you woke up at 5am when you would normally wake up at 4am the sentence would be:
    I woke up at 5am, one hour later than usual this morning.

    This line:
    It was an educational app which children can study math.

    Reason: Although the sentence is completely understandable it would be more accurately written as:
    It was an educational app (by/in) which children can study math.

    This line:
    There are some categories of the questions of calculation in the app.

    Reason: Would be more naturally written as:
    There are different categories of questions in the calculation app.

    This line:
    He likes it very much and he wants to get the characters more.

    Should be:
    He likes it very much and he wants to get more of the characters.

    Reason: Word order rearrangement.

    This line:
    Now he is struggling with the questions of the volume of liquid because he has not learned it at school yet.

    Should be:
    Now he is struggling with the questions (about/on) the volumes of liquid because he has not learned it at school yet.

    This line:
    He often asks how to solve such kind of questions to me.

    Should be:
    He often asks me how to solve such kinds of questions.

    Reason: Word order rearrangement.

    This line:
    "Do you remember what milliliter equals to 1dL?"

    Should be:
    "Do you remember how many milliliters there are in 1dL?"

    This line:
    Actually, I completely forgot about "dL", so I searched it on the internet.

    Should be:
    Actually, I completely forgot about "dL", so I searched for it on the internet.

    Or:
    Actually, I completely forgot about "dL", so I looked it up on the internet.

    Reason: Your original sentence was clear and people do tend to write the sentence the way you did but technically it is more correctly said with the little English filler words added.

    This line:
    I can manage to answer his question now.

    Should be:
    I can manage to answer his questions now.

    This line:
    But from now on, his question will be more difficult, so I will not be able to answer his questions.

    Should be:
    But from now on, his questions will be more difficult, so I will not be able to answer his questions.

    This line:
    Parents also need to study with your children, not only force them to study, so that I believe study will become more interesting for children.

    Should be:
    Parents also need to study with their children, not only force them to study, as I believe studying will become more interesting for children.

    ReplyDelete