8/17/2016

Epidemic Conjunctivitis

My right eye has suffered from conjunctivitis since last Saturday.

It was no so terrible at first, but it gradually got worse.

My son's left eye has also suffered from conjunctivitis since last Sunday.

He also has a slight fever now.

We went to see the eye doctor.

The tests we took were positive, and we were diagnosed with epidemic conjunctivitis.

Since I have terrible eye mucus, it is hard to open my right eye in the morning.

I also have a general malaise and a slight head ache.

Since children with epidemic conjunctivitis must not go to school and children's house by the rules of School Health Law, he can't go to children's house until the end of August.

Regarding adults, we don't have any rules whether those who are suffering from epidemic conjunctivitis can work or not.

It depends on the company.

I called our leader and asked her if I can come to work tomorrow even though I have epidemic conjunctivitis or take a day off tomorrow.

She will ask our owner whether I can go to work.

I do hope we will recover from it as soon as possible.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


4 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Conjunctivitis is very annoying. I had it as a child and I could not open my eyes until they were soaked in salt water. Here if you are an adult you probably should not go to work but everyone does. They just make sure to not touch their eyes and make sure to wash their hands if they do. Hopefully you will soon recover from the infection.

    This line:
    It was no so terrible at first, but it was getting worse.

    Should be:
    It was not so terrible at first, but it started getting worse.

    Or:
    It was not so terrible at first, but it gradually got worse.

    This line:
    Since the epidemic conjunctivitis is the disease which children must not go to school and children's house by the rules of School Health Law, he can't go to children's house until the end of August.

    Should be:
    Since children with epidemic conjunctivitis must not go to school and children's house by the rules of School Health Law, he can't go to children's house until the end of August.

    Reason: Word order changes.

    This line:
    It depends on companies.

    Should be:
    It depends on the company.

    This line:
    I called our leader and asked her to take a day off tomorrow.

    Question: Did you mean to say you asked your leader if you could go to work tomorrow or take the day off? If so then sentence would be:

    I called our leader and asked her if I (can/should) come to work tomorrow even though I have conjunctivitis or take a day off tomorrow.

    This line:
    I do hope we will recover it as soon as possible.

    Should be:
    I do hope we will recover as soon as possible.

    Or:
    I do hope we will recover from it as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry.

      This line:
      I called our leader and asked her to take a day off tomorrow.

      Question: Did you mean to say you asked your leader if you could go to work tomorrow or take the day off? If so then sentence would be:

      I called our leader and asked her if I (can/should) come to work tomorrow even though I have conjunctivitis or take a day off tomorrow.

      Yes, your sentence is what I wanted to write.
      I remember I mistook similar sentence before and you corrected it.
      How to use "If" and "whether" are still difficult for me.
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    I hope you are feeling better now. I have the same condition as you for the past few days. I hope it doesn't last too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Thank you for reading my blog. And thank you for your concern.
      I have already recovered it(^^)

      Delete